These Baked BBQ Chicken Thighs are made with a homemade rub and then baked and smothered in bbq sauce. Plus you probably have all these ingredients in your pantry already.
These Baked BBQ Chicken Thighs are on of my favorite recipes. They are so simple to make and have become a stample in our house.
How to make Baked BBQ Chicken Thighs:
Step one: Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees F. Then prepare a baking sheet with foil and a baking rack and pat chicken dry with a paper towel and set aside.
For this recipe I like to keep it really simple with the rub. Since I use BBQ sauce we don’t need to much and I don’t want it to sweet. This is what I put in mine:
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- smoked paprika.
Step two: In a small bowl mix all seasonings together. Coat chicken thighs in your dry rub and place on a baking rack. Bake for 40 minutes turning once about half way through.
Step three: Remove chicken from the oven and brush with BBQ sauce.
- Tip: For a crispy skin place the chicken baked into the oven on broil for a few minutes. Keep an eye on them they should not need more than 2-3 minutes.
BBQ Chicken Recipes:
We love bbq chicken and have it on the menu regularly. Here are a few more of my favorite bbq recipes.
- Baked BBQ Chicken Tenders: These chicken tenders are my kid’s favorite. Not breaded but baked with seasoning and covered in bbq sauce.
- BBQ Chicken Drumsticks: These drumsticks are baked crispy and full of flavor.
- Baked BBQ Chicken Breast: This recipe is a classic. The best way to make chicken breast for sure.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Baked BBQ Chicken Thighs
- 4 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 cup bbq sauce
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with foil and a baking rack. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and set aside.
In a small bowl mix all seasonings together. Coat chicken thighs in your dry rub and place on a baking rack. Bake for 40 minutes turning once about half way through.
Remove chicken from the oven and brush with BBQ sauce.