Peppercorn Steak with Hawaiian Pepper Smoked Pineapple
- 1 grass-feed Porterhouse steak (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon organic whole black peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons Steves Akaka Falls Passion Fruit Hawaiian Pepper Smoked Pineapple Jam
- Fresh organic sliced basil
- Step 1- Rinse steak with cool water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Step 2- Place in baking dish and slit 20 small slices through the steak. Slip whole black peppercorns into each slit of steak.
- Step 3- Sprinkle sea salt on both sides of steak and spread heaping tablespoon of jam on top of steak.
- Step 4- Place oven rack as close to top of oven as possible. Leave room for pan. Turn on broiler in oven and place steak on top shelf. Broil for 5 minutes on one side.
- Step 5- Take steak out of oven and use tongs to flip steak over. Now add another large heaping tablespoon of jam on other side of steak and spread jam around with back of spoon. Place back in oven and broil for another 6 minutes.
- Step 6- Remove from oven and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 7- Thinly slice steak and pile in center of dinner plate. Pour sauce from steak pan on top of steak slices and garnish with fresh sliced basil.
- Serve with sauted vegetables or salad.
Find Verbena on Instagram @Verbenas.Kitchenand hashtag your recipe pics with #VerbenasKitchen