Roast Chicken and Potatoes an all time favorite Sunday dish! A delicious and juicy roast chicken served with perfectly roasted potatoes, seasoned with a glorious blend of herbs, plus its a one pan meal! It cant get any simpler and more delicious than this.
Thisone pan Roast Chicken and Potatoes is a great midweek menu or a sunday meal. No need to marinate, no long list of fancy ingredients, its a one pan, simple meal that is ready in under an hour. The chicken skin turns very crispy, while the meat stays juicy and potatoes are perfectly crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
How To Make Roast Chicken and Potatoes Step by Step
Can I Roast Other Cuts Of Chicken?
I made this recipe with chicken thighs, you can replace themwith chicken breasts,drumsticks or with a combination of the three.If you are using other chicken cuts, you may have to adjust the cooking time, as needed.
Roast Chicken and Potatoes A Customizable Dish
What is great about garlic roasted chicken and baby potatoes is that you can completely customize it! As I mentioned you can go for different cuts of chicken For instance, if you bought a big pack of chicken legs, use those instead! You can also use skinless chicken thighs instead of skin-on thighs. Although, I would highly recommend leaving the skin on. That gorgeous, golden crispy skin is one of the best parts.
What about veggies? You can mix it up with the vegetables, try zucchini, asparagus, broccoli or mushrooms.
Roast Chicken and Potatoes A One Pan Meal
This is a great go-to dish for when you have guests over. If you have a lot of guests, you just need to double or triple the recipe and you can basically feed an army. Perfect for a holiday gathering or hearty weeknight family meal.
Top Tips For Roast Chicken and Potatoes
- Make sure to use a preheated oven.
- If cooking for a smaller group, a cast iron skillet is a great pan to roast a chicken in. It retains heat well, has built-in handles, and doesnt take up as much room as aroasting pan.
- Roasting time could vary depending on oven or weight of chicken.
- Serve with a fresh salad and/or a crusty baguette.
Check Out These Other Delicious Chicken Dishes
- Crispy Baked Chicken Fingers Recipe
- Easy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- Healthy Almond Milk Chicken Curry Recipe (Dairy Free)
- Easy Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
Have you tried this Roast Chicken and Potatoes recipe? Id love to hear from you in the comments below!
Roast Chicken and Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner
Roast Chicken and Potatoes an all time favorite Sunday dish! A delicious and juicy roast chicken served with perfectly roasted potatoes, seasoned with a glorious blend of herbs, plus it's a one pan meal! It cant get any simpler and more delicious than this.
- 1 pounds small Yukon Gold or yellow potatoes (peeled or unpeeled, quartered)
- 3 yellow onions (peeled cut into large wedges)
- 4 slices bacon (cut crosswise into -inch pieces)
- 4 tablespoons canola oil (divided)
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 8 6-ounce bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 shallot (minced)
- teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- cup dried figs (stemmed & diced)
- cup Madeira
- cup dry or semi-dry white wine
- Garnishes: chopped fresh parsley or thyme leaves
- Heat oven to 450F and adjust oven rack to lowest position.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray the foil with nonstick spray.
- Add potatoes, onions, bacon to the baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Toss ingredients to coat with thoroughly with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Set the vegetables in the oven (lowest rack) and cook 10 minutes.
- While the vegetables roast, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large cast iron (if available) skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and sprinkle with salt and pepper. When the oil is hot, press the chicken (skin-side down) in the skillet. Cook until the skin is a dark golden brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer chicken, skin-side up, to a paper towel-lined plate. When all chicken has partially cooked, transfer the chicken (skin-side up) to the sheet pan with the vegetables.
- Roast an additional 15-30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken registers 175F-180F on an instant-read meat thermometer.
- While the chicken/vegetables finish cooking, drain all except 2 tablespoons fat from the skillet. Turn heat to medium and add minced shallot, rosemary, teaspoon kosher salt and teaspoon ground black pepper. Cook until shallot tender, 1-2 minutes. Add figs, Madeira and wine and cook until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Serve fig sauce over the roasted chicken and vegetables.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or thyme, if desired.
- Serve with pieces of crusty French baguette.