Check out how I made this recipe at my Youtube channel: https://youtu.be/PoJ0uVS4CsA
• 1 large red apple, cored and very thinly sliced
• 1⁄4 cup white sugar
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (we used Tenderflake)
• 1⁄4 cup melted butter
• 1 egg
• 2 teaspoons water
Makes roses ( see video for assembly)
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter 2 small ramekins (6 to 8 ounce) and dust with
2) Place apple slices on a plate, overlapping slightly if necessary. Microwave on High about 45 seconds just
until slices have softened a bit. Cover plate with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel.
Mix together sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
3) Roll puff pastry sheet to less than 1/8-inch thickness. Using a pizza cutter, cut two 3-inch by 12-inch
rectangles. Reserve remaining pieces for another use.
4) Spread melted butter over dough; top with a generous amount of cinnamon-sugar. Place apple slices along
1 long edge of dough, about 1/4 inch beyond edge of dough, overlapping slices slightly. Fold bottom half of
dough over the apple slices to form a long “folder” of dough with rounded edges of apple slices exposed.
Beat egg and water together in a bowl. Paint surface of dough with egg wash. Sprinkle with more
cinnamon-sugar, to taste.
5) Starting from one end, roll dough not too tightly to form a rose-shaped pastry. Seal roll with end of dough
6) Transfer roses to prepared ramekins. Sprinkle with a little more cinnamon-sugar. Place ramekins directly
on middle rack of preheated oven.
7) Bake until well browned, about 45 minutes. I recommend putting a baking sheet with water on
your bottom rack to catch any drips. Remove ramekins with tongs and place on baking sheet to cool 5 to
10 minutes. Remove apple roses from ramekins and finish cooling on rack.
Rose & Rosé Syrup:
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 1/2 cup rosé wine
• 2 cardamom pods
• Half capful of rose water
Heat on low under sugar dissolves and let cool in a container in the fridge. This can be made ahead of time.
• Powdered pistachios for stencil decoration, rose petals for garnish, vanilla ice cream